Summer is coming and we want our hair to look healthy, hydrated and shiny. However, the sun, salt, chlorine and excess water make it dry and therefore damaged. So that this year you are the envy of the beach or the swimming pool, we give you some tips for your hair to be hydrated and healthy.
Aloe vera, your great ally
One thing you can’t miss in your suitcase this summer is Aloe vera. It offers numerous benefits for the hair and will get you out of more than one predicament. Aloe hydrates the hair, recovers dead cells from the scalp leaving it soft and shiny. The juice of the Aloe vera penetrates in the root doing that the results are much better than those that we can obtain with a habitual mask. It also controls dandruff, excess fat and flaking.
The pure juice of Aloe vera has a composition very similar to keratin, so the results that are achieved with the application of Aloe vera on the hair are the same or similar to those we can get with a keratin treatment. It rejuvenates the hair and provides elasticity and strength avoiding split ends.
Become an Aloe Vera expert and learn all about growing, harvesting and treatment. In Verdeaurora Bio Farm you can enjoy an experience in which we will teach you everything related to the star plant of Fuerteventura. You will learn to take care of it, to manipulate it, to extract the juice of the Aloe vera to use in all your recipes of beauty and alimentary, in addition, to know how to preserve it correctly so that it does not lose its natural properties.
How to get perfect hair in summer?
During the summer months your best friend should be Aloe vera. However, practice these tips to damage your hair as little as possible:
- Wear hats, hats, hats that protect you from the sun. Excessive heat dries out the scalp and this causes our hair to look dull and curl more easily.
- Use a comb that’s right for your hair type. If you have curly hair you should use a wide-tooth comb, while if your hair is straight the best thing will be a brush or a fine-tooth comb.
- Wash it with lukewarm water, but the final rinse with cold water. It improves the circulation of the scalp, activates the cells, eliminates the residues of the day and provides an extra shine.
- Remove moisture with a towel but never rub. This will prevent frizz and entanglement. If you have curly hair use a microfiber towel, you will notice how the curl is more defined.
- Use a shampoo containing Aloe vera. You already know all the benefits it has for the hair and scalp and can not be missing in your bag. Save space with this bath gel and shampoo based on Aloe vera and organic olive oil. Maintains hydration and softness of body and hair. Regenerates damaged hair and provides luminosity, hydration and shine.
- Avoid using lather, hair gel or styling creams, as well as hair dryers and irons. Take advantage of the heat of summer days and let it dry outdoors. Free it from chemical products that only act on the external and visible part and do not provide nutrients.
- Use natural oils to help nourish it. Olive oil, coconut oil or argan oil are some of the ones you can use to comb your hair and take care of it during the summer months.
- Untangle it before taking a shower. Dry hair breaks less easily than when wet.
- When you’re in the pool or at the beach avoid striped hairstyles. The scalp is not protected with sunscreen, so it is a part that is very exposed to the sun’s rays. To avoid burning it, take it loose or pick it back in ponytails or bows.
- Wear a mask once a week. You can make masks yourself at home with ingredients that are already essential in the kitchen. Here’s a recipe for a coconut oil and aloe vera mask that will make your hair unrecognizable.
Aloe vera and coconut oil mask
There are countless homemade masks that we can make with a few ingredients and have amazing results. Aloe vera is one of those ingredients that can never be missing and we show you a new recipe with this all-terrain plant as the protagonist.
- Pure aloe vera gel (2 or 3 pencas, depending on the size and amount of juice).
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil.
Steps to follow:
- It extracts the juice of Aloe vera of the pencas, previously cut of the plant. If you prefer, you can use pure aloe vera gel already prepared.
- In a bowl mix the Aloe vera and the 4 spoonfuls of coconut oil.
- Stir until both products are integrated.
- Put it in the fridge and it will be ready to use.
Another way to apply it is separately:
First apply Aloe Vera all over the hair with a light massage, you can also apply it on the scalp. Then take some coconut oil and warm it up with your hands. Apply half to half ends and section the hair into tufts. When all the hair contains Aloe vera and coconut oil pick it up in a bun. Allow both processes to work for one hour.
Is your hair very damaged and dull? Try to leave it all day or even apply it before going to sleep.
After a while, wash your hair as usual.
You will notice how it is silkier, nourished and shinier.