Aloe vera has positioned itself over the years as an essential ally for health and care thanks to its known content in vitamins A, C, E, as well as multiple vitamins from the B family. It stands out, among its composition, B12, since it is one of the few plants that has this vitamin among its properties.
These components, together with folic acid and choline, make Aloe vera the ‘super plant’. Its properties bring almost infinite benefits from which we can take advantage.
We analyze in depth the benefits of the most powerful natural assets of Aloe vera, which many consider a miracle plant ’.
1. Benefits of vitamin A in Aloe vera
Vitamin A is present in both foods of animal origin (retinol) and those of plant origin (carotene), as is the case with Aloe vera. The benefits can be obtained orally or by direct application on the skin. In fact, this asset is one of the favorites for cosmetic brands to incorporate into the formulations of their products.
Once ingested, vitamin A contributes to the formation of visual purpura in the retina, a protein that gives us the ability to see in low light. In addition, it acts in the following ways:
- Cellular Maintenance
- Stimulating hair growth
- It helps strengthen nails
- Skin regeneration
- Promotes the care of tooth enamel.
2. Aloe vera has a high content of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a natural antioxidant, as exposed by Mayo Clinic. This means that it protects cells against the effects of free radicals, produced by pollution, tobacco smoke, radiation, etc.
Aloe vera has a high vitamin C content which, together with its antioxidants and anthraquinones, can help reduce blood sugar levels. This vitamin also helps actively prevent pain such as migraines or menstrual cramps.
3. Hydration with Aloe Vera thanks to vitamin E
Aloe vera has vitamin E, another one of the most ‘quoted’ by cosmetic brands. Among the following functions it provides are:
- It is an antioxidant, and like vitamin C it also protects body tissue from damage caused by substances called free radicals, which affect skin aging
- Vitamin E is also important in the formation of red blood cells, so it helps keep the immune system strong against viruses and bacteria
- Cells use vitamin E to interact with each other, as indicated in the Medline Plus medical encyclopedia.Medline Plus
4. Aloe vera contains folic acid
Folic acid also known as Vitamin B9, is a nutrient that participates in various functions of the body such as:
- Maintain brain health by preventing problems such as depression
- Participate in the formation of the nervous system of the fetus during pregnancy
- Strengthen the immune system
- Prevents anemia, as it stimulates the formation of blood cells
- It prevents colon cancer, since it prevents alterations in the DNA of the cells
- It prevents heart disease and heart attacks, since it reduces homocysteine and maintains the health of blood vessels
5. Vitamin B12 in Aloe Vera: Ally against anemia
Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that helps keep neurons and blood cells healthy. In addition, it contributes to the elaboration of DNA, the genetic material present in all cells. It also prevents a type of anemia, according to the NIH, called megaloblastic anemia, which causes tiredness and weakness in people.
6. There are more than 18 amino acids in Aloe vera
Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. Estimates of how many amino acids are found in aloe are between 18 and 20. But, what are these amino acids for? In Take care plus highlight:
- Amino acids are organic compounds that combine to form proteins, which are essential for our body
- They help break down food, grow or repair body tissues
- They are a source of energy
- They allow muscle contraction or maintain the balance of acids and bases in organisms
7. El efecto antiinflamatorio del Aloe vera
In a recent publication of the Herbwisdom digital portal they compile numerous studies that indicate how Aloe vera acts as a general tonic for the immune system, thus becoming a protective shield against diseases of all kinds.
In fact, according to one of the studies, oral use for six months helped mitigate asthma symptoms in almost half of the participants. Eleven of twenty-seven studied patients who drank aloe said they felt better at the end of the study. The researchers believe that the results could be due to the stimulation of the immune system, thanks to the intake of Aloe, as well as naturally occurring anti-inflammatory agents in the plant.
8. Aloe vera has therapeutic properties
There are many therapeutic properties of Aloe Vera. In the study of the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria they collect many of them. However, we want to highlight some that are not as well known as:
- Actinomycosis: Aloe has some therapeutic value during the initial stages of this infection that affects the mouth and jaw, caused by bacteria of the genus Actinomyces.
- Aerophagia (Meteorism or flatulence): Excessive swallowing of air accumulated in the stomach or the fermentation of ingested food causes gas emissions produced by the intestine, which can be decreased by ingesting Aloe, which has antifermentative and digestive properties.
- Nervous exhaustion: This psycho-physical disorder can be fought by ingesting Aloe for a while.
9. Aloe vera is a ‘Super food’
Known chefs like Quique Dacosta or Rodrigo de la Calle have incorporated Aloe vera into their kitchens as another ingredient. In their dishes we can try Aloe in a different and innovative way. But why add Aloe vera to our diet? Simply to be able to enjoy the benefits of its natural assets from within.
The easiest way to incorporate it into your diet? In the form of juice, and even desserts and salads.
10. Aloe vera against oxidative stress
What is oxidative stress? Oxidative stress is the result of an excess of the aforementioned oxygen free radicals in the human body. According to Global Remedation, when antioxidants are not enough to counteract free radicals and increase their number in the cell, the oxidative activity inside the cell increases, a structural and functional change of the cell occurs which accelerates its aging and favors Apoptosis or cell death.
The high vitamin content of Aloe vera helps improve oxygenation, blood circulation and the entire immune system, helping to reduce oxidative stress and improve our defenses.
11. Eliminate toxins with Aloe Vera
Cleansing the liver and digestive system has become a necessity for many people. The accumulation of toxins can cause the propensity to get sick. However, there are many methods that allow the release of toxins and strengthen our immune system.
The richness of Aloe vera in nutrients can help improve digestive processes and maintain good overall health. But it should always be included in a healthy lifestyle and in moderate quantities.
12. Aloe vera as a natural fertilizer for your crops
So far we have only highlighted the properties and benefits of Aloe vera for people’s health, but… What if we tell you that you can use this plant for the care of your crops?
With a penca you can create a great fertilizer for your plants. In the YouTube channel of en20metros Huerto Urbano they explain how to achieve it.
We hope you have liked this complete guide to the properties of Aloe Vera. Visit Verdeaurora.com to learn more about our organic Aloe vera crops, and Aloeverio.com to get your pure juice.
Start taking care of yourself with Aloe Vera!