It’s almost September, but Fuerteventura still doesn’t want to give up the good pleasures of life and we are reluctant to continue enjoying the sun and the beach at all times.
If you look at your hair and compare it with previous months, you will see how it has lost its natural shine and the tips look much drier than usual. The hair has been able to lighten with the solar radiations leaving an effect of “Californian highlights”.
During sun exposure, we protect our skin with protective creams, not only to prevent burns but also to prevent possible skin diseases. So why don’t we do the same with our hair? With overexposure to the sun our hair dehydrates, deteriorates and loses flexibility.
Recently we talked about how to hydrate hair in summer with natural products and a daily routine to keep it healthy, we even shared a natural mask. It has been so successful that we wanted to talk about how to protect your hair from sunburn following the same line and tell you what are the best natural products to take care of your hair and even repair it.
Home remedies for healthy hair
Hydration is the most important thing and a hair protector is essential to reduce the damage caused by the effects of heat. That is why it is important that you have natural products in your home such as Aloe vera, different types of oil, honey, avocados or lemons.
You never know what hardships can save you!
- Pure Aloe Vera: We know first hand that Aloe has very beneficial properties for the body and the extraction of the pulp to obtain a pure gel is the most advisable to regenerate and repair the hair structure. You only have to apply the Aloe from means to ends, let it act and clarify it. If you have burned your scalp you can apply a little gel for the damaged area, do not forget that this gel is a perfect natural After Sun.
- Aloe Vera, olive oil and beer: If you have oily hair, this mixture can come in handy as its combination provides intense hydration and a natural shine without greasing it. Mix half a glass of beer, the pulp of the Aloe and a spoonful of olive oil to form a homogeneous paste and spread it through your hair from half to end. Then wash your hair as usual.
- Natural yoghurt, egg white and lemon juice: Yes, yoghurt must be natural! It is important because processed foods are not completely healthy and the benefits of natural products on our body are doubled if they are BIO products.
What do we have to do? Simply mix the yoghurt, lemon juice and egg white in a bowl until a soft textured cream is formed. You can apply it from root to tip or from middle to tip, cover your head with a shower cap to keep warm and rinse with warm water.
- Honey and almond oil: Mixing these two natural products will make your hair hydrated and strong. Their natural properties will improve the shine of your hair, preventing it from falling out and nourishing it in depth. As it is an oil, it is recommended to use a small quantity of means to ends and then apply the shampoo of Aloe vera and organic olive oil together with your usual conditioner.
- Avocado, ripe banana and wheat germ oil: Another home remedy to avoid and repair split ends would be this powerful cocktail. Grind the pulp of the avocado and banana until it forms a homogeneous dough and add a tablespoon of wheat germ oil. If you don’t have this oil, you can use olive oil or coconut oil. Mix all the natural products and apply it from half to half for an hour, then wash your hair as usual.
Have you signed up for these homemade mask recipes to make your hair shiny and silky? Then don’t forget something very important.
Nutrition for healthy, shiny hair
It’s crucial that we don’t neglect any part of our body, let alone food! Let’s not forget that we are what we take. Foods rich in Vitamin D, proteins and Omega 3 must be part of the daily diet to look healthy inside and out.
Now that you know the tricks to protect your hair and repair the harmful effects … Let’s put them into practice!